First on the list: Whale Shark watching in Oslob. Ooops, change of plans. We arrived in our hotel past 11PM from evening flight and an hour travel (via taxi) from Mactan-Cebu Airport thus, we weren’t able to wake up very early the next day. 😀
Plus, we took time to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. How can’t we? We stayed in a very nice hotel! I was so glad to find Pillows Hotel in Agoda and didn’t hesitate to book it because of the photos, reviews and reasonable deal.
From the hotel, we went to South Bus Terminal via taxi and asked Manong driver if we can still make it to Oslob (that’s almost 8AM) before 12NN (Whale Shark Watching closing time). He disagreed and told us Oslob usually takes 3-4hr travel (via bus) from the terminal so we decided to pursue Kawasan Falls instead and rode an ordinary bus going to Badian.
Note: Cebu-Mactan Airport to Pillows Hotel via taxi (P211) | Pillows Hotel to South Bus Terminal via taxi (P65) | South Bus Terminal to Badian via an ordinary bus (P125/head)
- Via Bus: Ride a Ceres or Sunrays bus going to Badian. Cost: P130-P170/head
- Via Taxi: This was the option Manong driver gave us if we wanted to minimize the travel time but we refused since it’s very expensive. Cost: P2000-P3000
- Via Private Car: Use Waze app for accurate direction. Or follow buses with Badian sign as you’ll take the same road with them.
Note: See Cebu South Bus Terminal Bus Schedules here.
Canyoneering is the famous activity in Kawasan Falls which costs P1500/ head (meal included). Fhabs and I didn’t do it as we wanted to relax and enjoy the whole trip alone. Upon reaching Badian stop, we’re greeted by tour guides and picked one for ourselves. I forgot his name but it starts with J. Tawagin nalang natin siyang Kuya J. 😛
Note: Tour Guide Fee (P300) | Kawasan Falls User Fee (P20/head)
It only takes 15-20min. walk (1.5km) to reach the falls but we didn’t regret getting a tour guide.
WHY GET A TOUR GUIDE?
- To learn about the attraction and answer your questions
- To assist you in your things – most likely, he carries them all for you
- To have someone keep an eye of the belongings while you’re out to swim or bathe in the falls
- To have someone take your photos and trust me, this won’t disappoint you as he knows the right angle and even takes candid shots (first photo on this post was taken by Kuya J)
We’re deeply stunned by the turquoise water! Kawasan Falls is approximately 45ft deep (in the middle) and 10-20ft deep (at the edge). There’s a rock formation at the edge and that’s where we stayed and dipped in the ice cool water. Heaven!
Note: Balsa Rental (P600/2pax)
In the left corner facing the falls, there’s an establishment with tables and chairs outside. I’m not sure if it’s a hotel but it has public toilet and store. Yes, the place has become a bit commercialized but the falls itself is still breathtaking. Kuya J led us to cleaner toilets/shower rooms at the starting point. After we showered and changed clothes, we rode a Ceres bus going back to South Bus Terminal.
Note: Shower/Restroom Usage (P10/head) | Kawasan Falls to South Bus Terminal via Ceres air-conditioned bus (P160/head)
Include Kawasan Falls on your Cebu itinerary, it’s worth the visit!